Simple Sniper Rifle Air Cannon Plans
Basic Air Cannon Construction Design
Simple Sniper Air Cannon Plans
This Pneumatic Simple Sniper Rifle Air Cannon has put a 1.5" deep dent into a steel pickup truck tailgate. It could just as easily fire a potato for a long distance with accuracy! Here we will familiarize you with the aspects of constructing pneumatic air cannon devices like this.
Simple Sniper Rifle Air Cannon Launcher
Simple Sniper Rifle Description
- The stock is pressurized through a schrader valve using a (bike pump).
- The pressure is released to the barrel by a sprinkler valve piloted with a ball valve (blowguns have crappy flow).
- There is a sleeve inside the 1" barrel made from 3/4" cpvc that allows you to shoot paintballs, Tabasco bottles, and 16mm marbles.
- The scope is all pvc and will have Plexiglas lenses inside with crosshairs though no magnification exists. The cross will have threaded bushings with plugs to screw and make it seem like it’s adjusting. It'll also have lens caps on hinges (not shown).
- The bipod isn't really expressed in the 3d, but there is a diagram on the schematics diagram. Basically, the legs will fold up.
- The potato gun silencer can be built in many ways but using our silencer design is a great way to go with this.
- The breach loader assembly is also a design we address on another page so check it out.
How to Build The Simple Sniper Air Rifle
click to enlarge diagram
Simple Sniper Air Cannon Materials
|Part #||Quantity||Assembly Parts Descriptions|
|1||1||1 1/2" 90 degree elbow|
|2||2||1 1/2" x 3/4" x 1 1/2" reduction tee's|
|3||3||3/4" 45 degree elbows|
|4||4||1 1/2" couplers|
|5||4||1 1/2' to 1" bushings|
|6||4||1" male adapters|
|8||2||1" female adapters|
|9||1||1" 4 way cross|
|10||2||1" to 1/2" threaded bushing|
|13||1||breach loader assembly|
|15||1||1/4" ball valve|
|16||2||3/4" 90 degree elbows|
|17||2||3/4" end caps|
|18||1||npt thread schrader valve|
|20||1||1" sprinkler valve - see modification|
|21||1||1/4" id tubing|
|22||1||1 1/2" end cap|
|24||1||1/4" pressure gauge|
|25||?||2" hose clamps|
This is a mock up of a simple sniper pneumatic air rifle that uses the air cannon technology for fabricating a fun to use, but dangerous air gun if used incorrectly. If you want to assemble one of these, all the basic information is here to help you put together one of these air guns.